Sunday, December 14, 2008

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is the best chewy recipe I have found. It was in a church cookbook I bought at a garage sale.

Ingredients
* 2 1/4 cups flour
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1 cup oleo
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 2 eggs
* 1 pkg chocolate chips

Mix flour and baking soda; set aside. Combine oleo, sugars, pudding, and vanilla in a bowl with a spoon. Mix until smooth. Add eggs with spoon. Add flour mixture; stir in chips. Bake at 375 F for 8-10 minutes. They may not look done but if you bake longer they won't be chewy.

Recipe note: I add 1 cup nuts. I also never have oleo, so I use 1/2 cup softened butter and 1/2 cup shortening instead. For extra chocolate, use chocolate pudding.

2 comments:

  1. I should start a cooking blog and post some of the foods, and recipes I have made. You should check out the cooking links on my blog. There are some pretty good recipes that you might enjoy on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should start a blog. I'd like to learn how to make new things. I tend to make the same things all the time.

    ReplyDelete